Our Discussion feature offers another way to connect with other people and also to practice languages.
WHAT IS A DISCUSSION?
A Discussion is essentially a short post to which other users can respond. A Discussion can take the form of asking a question, introducing yourself, or just posting something you find interesting.
HOW DO DISCUSSIONS WORK?
- Starting a discussion
- Create a new post on our Discussion section
- When creating the post you will be asked to select the language and the category of the post and also the country that you are based in
- Discussion categories are: 'Ask a question', 'Seeking a language exchange', 'Looking to meet people', 'About me' and 'General'
- You can also select whether your Discussion is going to be available to all users, just 'friends' or private
- Once the new Discussion has been approved by a moderator it will appear on the Discussions page
- Joining a Discussion
- Users can browse through the Discussions or search for specific types of Discussions based on category, language, and country
- To enter the Discussion users simply 'join' the Discussion and start posting comments
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can create a Discussion?
Any user can post and join Discussions
- Can a Discussion be about anything?
Yes, but we do not allow inappropriate, offensive, illegal or commercial Discussions. All new Discussions have to be approved by a moderator. Comments made on Discussions are also monitored by moderators and any inappropriate posts are removed; users can also report posts.
- Are there notifications of new comments on a Discussion?
The creator of the Discussion will receive a notification every time there is a new comment added. If you join a Discussion you will not receive notifications but can easily access Discussions you have joined by clicking 'Joined discussions' in the sidebar.
- Can the creator of a Discussion control who can join, view or comment on it?
Yes, the creator of a Discussion has full control over who can view, join or comment on it